You use human power to cycle, walk and scoot- what an amazing super power.
Each year we run a fancy dress-based day to celebrate the finale of the Big Pedal.
Superhero Day is a great way to involve all pupils in the Big Pedal even if they don’t cycle, walk or scoot. If you can’t take part on this day you can choose another day during the challenge.
It is also the perfect day to make sure all your journeys are logged to the Big Pedal website. There is the option to fundraise for Sustrans too.
Last year, thousands of children across the UK transformed into their favourite superhero for the day. Everyone had a great time, and raised thousands of pounds for Sustrans.
How it works
- Dress up Encourage everyone at your school to dress up for the day
- Decorate Ask pupils to decorate their bikes/scooters and shoes as ‘superhero mobiles’ for the day or organise your own ‘bling your ride’ session
- Celebrate Upload photos of your superheroes to the Big Pedal website
- Log your journeys to the Big Pedal website to find out your final score
- Option to fundraise for Sustrans Ask all pupils who dress up to give £1 and donate to Sustrans.
We make it easy for you to take part, you can (coming soon):
- Download our letter for parents to tell parents and guardians all about the Big Pedal and Superhero Day
- Do the classroom activities available on your school homepage
- Print and decorate your own Superhero Masks
- Download our fundraising guide full of hints and tips to make the day a success
How your support makes a difference
If you choose to fundraise on Superhero Day, thanks!
All money raised for Sustrans allows us to run Big Pedal and will help us to enable thousands of children to cycle, walk or scoot every day – making the school run safer and healthier.
We’d like to see every child enjoying a healthier, happier and safer journey to school. All funds raised through the Big Pedal will support Sustrans’ work with schools across the UK.
Visit the Sustrans website to find out more about us.